Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bloomsday 2012


It's Bloomsday, and people will be gathering to hear recitations of Ulysses by James Joyce!  I'm glad that the weather is pleasant here in Philadelphia.  The big local Bloomsday event will be at the Rosenbach Museum and Library, which houses Joyce's autograph (hand written) manuscript of Ulysses.  As you can see from the above, the Rosenbach is not a large museum, so the audience gathers outside.

Bloomsday is our most literate celebration.  It doesn't draw as many Philadelphians as, say, the annual Wing Bowl, but it shows that some of us still read.

I, unfortunately, won't be attending the Bloomsday celebration.  I'm committed to an afternoon of chores.  This evening I will be managing a comedy club, where I can listen to some comics do knob gags.  (Yes, I made some bad life choices.)

No comments:

Post a Comment